Harley Livewire

1200GSman

Harley Livewire

Post by 1200GSman »

If this does make it finally to the market, will it enjoy Route 66, and will be interesting to see it riding up mountains.

Bigtune
Site Admin

Re: Harley Livewire

Post by Bigtune »

From Harley Davidson
“After completing rigorous analysis this week, we have resumed LiveWire production and deliveries. Customers may continue riding their LiveWire motorcycle and are able to charge the motorcycle through all methods. Temporarily stopping LiveWire production allowed us to confirm that the non-standard condition identified on one motorcycle was a singular occurrence. We take pride in our rigorous quality assurance measures and our drive to deliver the world’s best motorcycles.”
knutk

Post by knutk »

HD being the first of the established companies to go electric signals a new way of thinking from that company.
HD has been very conservative in their design and development (to be modest), and have been regarded as anything but innovative.
I guess declining sales have forced to seek new groups of customers.

The V-rod line of bikes did not catch on. Will be interesting to follow their electric line.
powerbox

Post by powerbox »

Having already owned quite a few Harley,s I doubt that would be my market, somehow Electric just does not cut it for me, if I was to change bikes, and get rid of my Sportster, id would be for something with DCT. :? must be getting old.
knutk

Post by knutk »

powerbox wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 18:18 Having already owned quite a few Harley,s I doubt that would be my market, somehow Electric just does not cut it for me, if I was to change bikes, and get rid of my Sportster, id would be for something with DCT. :? must be getting old.
Even though there are electric cars in my garage, I don't dream about electric bikes either.
However, the World keeps spinning, and at the recent Eicma show, there are reports of more electric bikes, proto-types, than ever before. And even if there is no customer demand, the regulators seems to be more and more eager for electricity, and given the ever increasing development of electric cars, this may inspire the regulators beyond any common sense :evil:

Return to “HARLEY OTHERS AREA”