GS-911 just gets better

Bigtune
Site Admin

GS-911 just gets better

Post by Bigtune »

One of my favourite tools I call it my get out of jail box, it has saved me many times clearing fault codes and resetting suspensions on the bike.

https://www.hexcode.co.za/september-201 ... -available

Roger 04 RT

Re: GS-911 just gets better

Post by Roger 04 RT »

Totally agree. The GS-911 is a great, well-supported tool. I'm one of a team of beta testers and I can say that there are good improvements coming for the R1250 bikes.

With help from the Beta testers, there are new columns being added to the realtime datalog for the Rear NB O2 sensor. Also, the forward WBO2 sensors will soon be reporting pump current, which will give insights into how the stock 1250 is fueled and will also allow comparison to any flashes like the treetop STG1 flash.

Flashviper

Post by Flashviper »

This will be excellent. Personally i havent used the GS911 tool. We have a Texa . I will hook it up to the next 1250 and see what info it spits out.

1200GSman

Post by 1200GSman »

Flashviper wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 00:19
This will be excellent. Personally i havent used the GS911 tool. We have a Texa . I will hook it up to the next 1250 and see what info it spits out.
Wow another tool I had not heard about, GS911 is a great tool and does basically everything a person who has a minimum of understanding with computers, now a Texa I have no idea what that is, would love to have a link so I could read up on it, is it just for BMW bikes or does it do all motorcycles. :)

Bigtune
Site Admin

Post by Bigtune »

Just done a suspension calibration on my GS wet head, and got rid of a rogue code that BMW said just delete, so saved me a trip to the dealers, and in my opinion it has already paid for itself, a few times over. :) and had my friend who had a new Tyre pressure sensor, so we fitted it, and woke it up with the cheap EL-50448 TPMS Activation Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor, just be forewarned, if you are using the wake up tool, hold it on the tyre facing the sensor, not on the metal rim otherwise the signal does not go through the metal to the sensor.

grant123

Post by grant123 »

its a great tool,
i'm trying to get on the beta testing group. waiting to hear back

Bigtune
Site Admin

Post by Bigtune »

grant123 wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 21:13
its a great tool,
i'm trying to get on the beta testing group. waiting to hear back
Send a PM to Roger_04t he is on the beta testing group maybe he can help, I will also send a message to Stephan from GS-911 giving him your email, maybe it will help.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=63

Roger 04 RT

Post by Roger 04 RT »

grant123,

I think if you contact hex code, they will add you to the group.

all,

I find one of the best features for advanced users is the ability to log all engine realtime values to a .CSV file for analysis. I've helped countless riders figure out subtle problems using this approach. Sometime we find problems that even the dealer can't resolve.

Bigtune
Site Admin

Post by Bigtune »

Roger 04 RT wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 15:24
grant123,

I think if you contact hex code, they will add you to the group.

all,

I find one of the best features for advanced users is the ability to log all engine realtime values to a .CSV file for analysis. I've helped countless riders figure out subtle problems using this approach. Sometime we find problems that even the dealer can't resolve.
That is the beauty of having a good helpful forum, somebody always knows something to help others. ;) ;)

smogbob

Post by smogbob »

One of my best tools for the bike, would not be without it, I also have the Motoscan app in Ultimate version, with the OBD2 dongle, it is great for some things, but one thing it cannot do is recalibrate the shocks, and I use that often, so GS-911 comes up top, obviously not knocking motoscan it is a great little tool for many other things, nice to have both.

Return to “GS-911 HEXCODE”